Talk #1 - Responsive Web Design by Daniel Mall (@danielmall)
- Overview: Tools to build a more consistent and elegant user experiences.
Talk #2 - Interactive Music in the Browser by Yotam Mann (@yotammann)
- Overview: Presentation of a library (Tone.js) built to make working with the Web Audio API simpler.
- https://github.com/Tonejs/Tone.js - Web Audio Framework
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Web_Audio_API - Web Audio API
Talk #3 - Hardware & Testing by Sus Hinton (@noopkat)
- Overview: Projects created using JS and hardware were presented. Speaker discussed approaches of extending continuous integration testing to hardware.
Talk #4 - JS NYC/Jersey Meetups Overview by Jed Schmidt (@jedschmidt)
- Overview: Presentation and overview of BrooklynJS, ManhattanJS, QueensJS, and JerseyScript meetups.
Talk #5 - Electroknit! - Pixel to Textile by Mariko Kosaka (@kosamari)
- Slides: http://kosamari.com/presentation/openjsday-12-11-2015/#/0
- http://kosamari.com/projects - overview of projects created by presenter
Talk #6 - Art & Code by Jennifer Schiffer (@jennschiffer)
- Overview: Discussed code as art and presented a few projects developed using pixel art.
- http://jennmoney.biz/pxon/ - proposed standard to create pixel art
Talk #7 - Angular 2.0, Worth the Wait? by Joel Hooks (@jhooks)
- Overview: Discussed some aspects of Angular 2, which official release date is unknown but should be soon.TypeScript, React, and RxJS were discussed as technologies picking up a lot of traction as the community awaits Angular 2.
- Slides: http://cloud.egghead.io/2S393M0x3l2S
Talk #8 - The State of the Web by Christian Heilmann (@codepo8)
- Overview: Provided take on weaknesses and strengths of JS in the browser and the current state of development environment for developers.
- Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/cheilmann/fixing-web-and-js-gaps